I received this from a mom via email yesterday and I just love it! If anyone knows the original source, please email me (deb@MomsMatter.co.za) for full credit.
To be honest, I don't think this is necessarily true only for 2011 - but some great advice for every day of the rest of our lives!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow ON trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured IN plants..
- Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Make time to pray.
- Play more games
- Read more books than you did in 2010 .
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
- Sleep at least 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don't over do. Keep your limits.
- Don't take yourself so seriously No one else does.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes in the past, that will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70, and under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
- GOD heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
- The best is yet to come...
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
- Consider forwarding this guide to those you care about.
This was emailed to me from a mom and unfortunately there is no resource credited, so I can't tell you where it's from. If anyone knows the original source, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).